Position Vacant: Packaging Operator
40 Hours per week
Salary: 21-24k Per Annum
Closing Date: 18 June 2021
Please send applications to: email@example.com
We are currently looking to fill the position of Packaging Operator to join the busy team at our new brewing facility in Penryn, Cornwall. The role will be primarily responsible for daily
packaging operations, machine maintenance and ensuring a consistent quality product output. Secondary responsibilities would also include supporting the cellaring and warehousing teams. This role requires someone who has excellent practical skills, great attention to detail, and a positive attitude.
All in all, you are a positive people person, you lean into every challenge, everyday. You inspire, deliver and collaborate. You’ll be a positive force, who will bring energy to the business and want to produce the best possible work.
People who strive and succeed here at Verdant Brewing love to take responsibility for their decisions. Our people are empowered to challenge and push the boundaries to get the best results…. everyone’s opinions are valued. We positively celebrate diversity and we treat each other, and everyone we come into contact with at work, with honesty and respect.
- Daily setup and CIP of kegging / canning line
- Daily operation of canning line and supporting equipment (automated depalletiser, laser ink date coder, in-line labeller, conveyors, etc)
- Prepping, filling and handling of kegs.
- Ensure product is in the proper condition (temperature, carbonation level, etc.)
- Ensure all canning activity is done according to specification regarding yield, can fill-height, dissolved oxygen levels, seaming standards, and material loss
- Accurate data entry into spreadsheets and brewery management software.
- Ensure regular maintenance and cleanliness of packaging equipment
- Maintain cleanliness and organisation of the brewery space in general
- Experience working on a brewery canning line operation
- Experience working in a production/packaging brewery or manufacturing environment
- or….technical/professional training in a mechanical field
- Practical minded with the ability to troubleshoot and problem solve quickly
- Ability to cope with repetitive heavy lifting
- Operation of complex machinery
- Strong work ethic and a team player
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Self-motivated with a keen attention to detail
- Willingness to assist with tasks outside key responsibilities
- Communicate efficiently with team and management
- Valid forklift licence would be an advantage, but not essential